Title: U.S. Army & Militia Canteens 1775 - 1910
Author: Mike O'Donnell
Published: 1st Edition, August 2008 by O'Donnell Publications
Approximate size: 8-3/4 x 11-1/4 inches
Condition: Brand new copy just out of box.
Content Information: The book includes seven chapters of invaluable information on American military canteens from 1775-1910. Chapters include information regarding:
1. The First Canteens of Tin and Wood
2. The Drums, Rubber "Bags" and Leather Canteens, 1836-1861
3. Philadelphia Depot and the Rise of the Oblate Spheroid Canteens, 1848-1865
4. New York Depot Canteens, 1861-1865
5. Cincinnati, St. Louis and the Western Canteens, 1861-1865
6. Patent, Filter & Specialty Canteens
7. Postwar Canteens, 1866-1910
List of Canteen Suppliers
Included in the additional images, in this listing, is the table of contents several other images from the book. These pages represent only a fraction of the information and images included.
Comments: This book is a must have for the Civil War canteen or general relic collector and will be an excellent addition to any Civil War relic reference library.
Purchase this item immediately using any major credit card or Paypal through our secure check out system. To use this system, click on the blue “Add to Cart” button found below.
Checks and money orders also accepted.
Orders may also be placed anytime by:
Phone or Text: 804-873-5462
When paying by check or money order, please include the item's Product Code or "PC" number with your order. Make payable to Virginia Relics and mail to:
PO Box 6425
Charlottesville, VA 22906
* Free shipping applies to items shipped to contiguous (lower 48 states) US addresses only.